This past Sunday night, I was down in the cellar looking for pictures of when I was in Belarus. While I didn’t find what I was looking for, I did come across this picture. It made me smile.
I believe this is the first picture of Jana and me. This is from August 2000, and we are in Cameroon. I was leading a team of students, to Cameroon and Nigeria, and she was on the team.
Some fun facts about what was going on during this time:
- I thought Jana hated me, because she never talked to me.
- Jana avoided me like the plague whenever I came near her.
- Because of Jana’s avoidance of me, I didn’t care for her.
- Jana liked me at the time, but no one knew it.
- Less than a year after this picture was taken, Jana and I were married.